Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Marc Jacobs Spring 2010

(nymag)
So theres the people who are going to say Marc's show was amazing simply because it's Marc Jacobs, reguardless of whether they actually liked it or not. Then there are the people who are going to be striaght up, not mess with the bullshit and tell you what they really think. That's me. Alot are not responding well to Marc's collection this season but I kind of love it. The bags were insane as usual, the fabrics, the shoes were very innovative and I guarentee they're going to be the next gladiator. All the ruffle and curl details were gorgeous, love the hair pieces, looks number 2,4,5,19,30,31,36,39,40,43,48,50, and 51 I'm dying for, as well as Irina Kulikova's legs, and I rarely like an all blue outfit but Marc changed my mind, (like he always does) with look number 34. Frankly, look number 26 the green that Karlie Kloss is wearing does look a bit "bag lady" but it's cool bag lady on a 17 year old model. I mean, that's Marc and I love it. It reminds me of My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn as Eliza. Honestly I think that if he would've just not done those skinny belts under the bust over the jackets, the reaction to the collection might've been a bit different. Granted he could've done belts all he wanted but just not under the bust like that, he should've done embellished belts that weren't so thin. The thin belts look like they're fighting for their lives not to un-buckle over the jackets. He should've called me for styling assistance. wink. Whatever, I love Marc and his clothes. I did a post on his new fragrance Lola in the August archives on your right, the post is called Marc Jacobs Loves Lola, it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment