Friday, August 21, 2009

Project Runway Season 6 Episode 1 Review

I'm obviously going to have to do a weekly review on each episode of PR. First I have to say Congratulations to Daniel Vosovic for winning the 100 grand for the All Stars challenge! He totally deserves it, I adore him and his clothes. The black rayon mini dress he did with white panels on the sides was insane. I would never take that dress off, not even for Adrian Grenier. Dan did almost a 360 turn with his point of view I mean, it was alot more ediger and sleeker than his collection for Olympus Fashion Week 4 years ago but that's what designers do, they evolve and the clothes evolve with them. Now for the first episode of PR season 6, to be candid, I wasn't blown away. Nothing new, fresh, or exciting from these designers. Frankly I thought Lindsay Lohan had some kind of thing for Ari Fish due to the uncanny resemblance between Ari and Samantha Ronson. Ari's model looked like she was going to choke from trying to hold in her laughter after Michael Kors called Ari's design a disco soccer ball, which I back 100%. Johnny's dress I'm sorry, was not great. I agree it would've been more appealing in a navy or black but that's the fact, that it wasn't navy or black, it was a garish red. Mitchell sent a "sheer nightgown" down the runway as Heidi called it but the design he originally had in mind was honestly amazing, it's a shame he didn't have time to execute it. Malvin is insanely gorgeous. His bone structure, wow. Louise Black said she was inspired by vintage & the 20's which would explain the Louise Brooks inspired haircut. The hair and 20's inspiration also makes me think that Louise may not in fact be her real name..maybe it's her Mark Twain to go along with the whole 20's vibe. Also, I watched parts of "Models of the Runway". I don't recommend it, it's just bullshit, a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment